Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Malibu Canyon Road

The last place just befor dark was a drive on the Malibu Canyon Road. We stopped at a parking area, they had them every now and then. You could see some of the bushes were burnt at some time.

Here you can see how big the mountains are, with the road weaving throught the valleys.




We didn't stop, anymore after this stop because it was getting dark, we had a map and Breanne found a road to take us back to the Pacific Coast Highway because this would eventually taken us into LA. We turned and at the next intersection and the road was so curvy and scary, some places had no guide rail. I don't know if it was any better that we couldn't see because of the fog. There was some houses along the road and as we drove the road got narrower, some other cars were on the road coming down the mountain. Finally, we did get back and drove back to Santa Monica Pier for diner.

2 comments:

JoAnnA Pierotti said...

I'm so glad you came by my blog today. What awesome pictures you took of my beautiful state. Isn't Calif. beautiful!!! Wish I knew you were coming, would have invited you up to our neck of the woods, in the amazinly beautiful Mother Lode Country, where gold was discovered back in the 1800's.
Thanks for sharing your blog. May I post this on my, your link, and view of California????
joanna

Deb said...

Joanna, I would be honored for you to put my link on your blog. It is a beautiful state, so it was easy to take photos of it!