Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lavender Festival

On Friday, I went to a Lavender Festival in Fairfield, Pa a small town near Gettysburg. I heard of this last year but could not make it. The festival is held 3 days during the prime harvest of lavender. I was mainly there for the chance to photograph something different and beautiful.


























They had pick your own lavender, which looked a lot of fun. I was there quite early so it wasn't really full yet. I spotted this lady gathering her lavender and loved the look of her hat!

















It is definitely worth visiting again, they had workshops, lectures and such. I just bought myself a lavender plant. There was lots of lavender products for sale along with a variety of arts and crafts. I forgot to mention that is smelled great but I was sleepy the rest of the day! I now want to make Lavender cupcakes!

No comments: